We’re so excited to announce that the long awaited Lidl will be joining us in our very own Skyland Town Center this Wednesday, 9/28! As a resident of Crest, we look forward to having you join us for the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and store preview on Tuesday, as well as the Grand Opening Event on Wednesday! Please read below for more information on the Grand Opening Event, and click here to see what else we have just steps away from The Crest!
Grand Opening Event Details
At the grand opening celebrations on September 28, customers will be able to take advantage of get-them-while-you-can grand opening special offers at the new store. The first 100 customers in line before the store opening at 8:00 a.m. will be presented with a special gift card ranging from $5 to $100 each. Shoppers can enter to win a $500 Lidl gift card, sample Lidl’s award-winning assortment, and take advantage of special giveaways.
Lidl is proud to partner with the Capital Area Food Bank to provide food to community members in need. Throughout the entire grand opening weekend, Wednesday-Sunday, Lidl will donate $1 to the food bank for every new myLidl member who signs up and sets Lidl Skyland as their home store.
Lidl has been repeatedly recognized for its shopping experience. For the second consecutive time, Food & Wine Magazine recently ranked Lidl among its Top 10 U.S. Supermarket rankings – ahead of retailers like Trader Joe’s and Costco. A study from UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School observed that prices on Lidl’s award-winning assortment were up to 45 percent lower than nearby national grocers.
When entering the Skyland store, shoppers can expect to experience the following:
World-Class Shopping Experience
- Shoppers will save time and money each week with Lidl’s award-winning assortment and highly attractive prices.
- The store will be newly fitted out with an easy-to-shop layout that will mean a faster and more convenient shop for customers.
Quality Without Question
- Healthy, responsible choices, including hundreds of organic and gluten free products.
- Unique specialty items ranging from hard-to-find cheeses to authentic specialty sauces, cured meats, and more – all at incredibly affordable prices.
- Award winning foods– Lidl’s private label products have won more than 500 awards.
- The Lidl Love it Guarantee– A logo that guarantees customer satisfaction; shoppers love the product they buy – or they are entitled to a refund, and a replacement.
Eco-Friendly Store Design
- Lidl’s state-of-the-art building contains many sustainable features and is pursuing LEED Gold Certification.
- Electric Vehicle charging stations have been installed for customer and employee use.
- One hundred percent of the store’s indoor and outdoor lights use LED bulbs.
Surprise and Delight
- Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of food and non-food specials brought in each Wednesday for a limited time, keeping the shopping experience exciting and new. The rotating non-food selection will include fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, outdoor furniture, and more.
Committed to Fresh:
- Lidl produce is brought in fresh each day and features more than 100 high quality fresh fruit and vegetable options at amazingly affordable prices.
- All Lidl flowers are guaranteed fresh and beautiful for five days at a minimum, with roses and lilies guaranteed for seven.
- Lidl’s fresh bakery will offer breads, pastries and other items baked throughout the day.
Focused On Our People:
- Lidl offers wages and benefits for its team that are above the industry standard in every market in which it operates.
- Starting pay for Lidl Skyland Store Associates will be $16.50 per hour.
- Lidl offers healthcare coverage to all team members, including those working part-time, regardless of the number of hours worked.
About Lidl Lidl operates around 11,550 stores and is active in 32 countries, employing more than 341,000 employees globally. Lidl offers customers the highest quality fresh produce, meat, bakery items and a wide array of household products at unbelievably low prices. Lidl first established its U.S. headquarters in Arlington County, Virginia, in June 2015, and today sells its award-winning products in more than 150 stores across nine east coast states. For more information, visit www.Lidl.com.